FW: drive-by-wire

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Oct 7 20:14:03 GMT 1996

>So all these autos in the films is fairly accurate then... what do you guys
out there in DIY EFI land prefer? (Manual or automatic transmission)

>(apart from putting the box under processor control.)
 [ snip ]

para mi?  i've always driven a standard ... when i could i got an auto
for the SO.  when i finally got to where i felt like i could buy my
first new vehicle i got an F-150 with 302 & E4OD auto.  love it.
i always drove manual because it was less expensive to buy and to
maintain -- still know that to be true.  but, the auto is nice.
i guess my next will be auto also -- just takes more hp to get the same
'fun' as a stick.

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas>