Volume of fuel injected

Jason Walters jasonw at teleport.com
Tue Oct 8 16:14:18 GMT 1996

I=92m most definitely not up to the level of expertise of this group, but
I don=92t know where else to field my question.

Here=92s my problem.  I=92m trying to calculate the volume per burst for =
typical fuel injector.  I=92ve downloaded some specifications, but I=92m =
at
a loss to break them down.

If a given fuel injector has a flow off 150 cc/min, how many
bursts/firings are we talking per 60 second interval?  Is that a
measurement with the injector wide open for 60 seconds, or is that a
measurement for something like 50 bursts with a duration of 15
milliseconds per burst?  (I just pulled those numbers out of a hat)

I need to be able to calculate the volume output of a 500 millisecond
burst from say,  130, 150, and 200 cc/min fuel injectors.  The results
don=92t have to be in metric (though I prefer them),  as I=92ve also come
across measurements like 45 lbs/hour.

Any help would much be appreciated

Jason Walters
jasonw at teleport.com