Boost retard

Alain Marchildon marchildon at usa.net
Tue Oct 8 18:57:24 GMT 1996

Hi all

I would like to build a simple ign retard box similar to the ones by Jacobs
and many others, i have a
84 RX-7 GSL-SE this is the first year they put a 13B with fuel injection., i
will be adding a Vortech supercharger soon and i was thinking a using a MSD
with boost retard but hey this list is up to this task.
The rotary engine has a similar firing as a 4Cyl engine so don't be afraid
of it !

I would prefer to use a 68HC11, i have a proto board for this.

I plan on locking the mechanical and vacuum advance and us a lookup table.

The ign pulse would come from the magnetic pickup process it, then send it
to the amplifier and to the coil.

Ultimately there would be a knock sensor just for safety if ever i go over
board with the timing or get a bad batch of gasoline, but the main input for
controlling the amount of retard would be vacuum/boost and  RPM.

If this is to complex maybe just have everything left alone and retard the
timing proportional to boost.

I could build the board program EPROM's but where i lack the most is in the
software skills kneaded for this type of project any one interested give me
a buzz.

// Marchildon at usa.net                                            //
// Alain Marchildon                                              //
// 1984 Mazda RX-7 GSL-SE Soon with Vortech supercharger "My toy //
// 1989 Audi 90 "Family car"                                     //