Ignition timing ref points

George M. Dailey gmd at tecinfo.com
Wed Oct 9 01:28:32 GMT 1996

At 04:27 PM 10/8/96 PDT, you wrote:
...snip...
>  Well again, you can do alot with less firepower than this. Not to imply that
>  this is the only or best way to do it, but for example the GM SFI system on
>  the turbo Regals has a best resolution of only 6 edges per crank rev (3 rise
>  and 3 fall)... 'Course I'd welcome some more precise
>  input on this!
>
>  Todd  Todd_King at ccm.co.intel.com

My thoughts exactly, If GM can do it on millions of TPI's, MPI's, and forced
induction EFI's, it simply must be adaquate. Is it just me, or does it seem
this way to the rest of you also, that GM has the simplest hardware
available. Smaller, simpler, ignition modules, ECMs with no "Power Modules"
as some companies use, changable EPROMS, etc. etc.

NO, I don't work for GM or get any type of kick back from them. I was just
wondering.

GMD