Which TBI system to use?

Orin Harding NAMGBR at msn.com
Fri Oct 11 00:26:56 GMT 1996

Peter,
I've tried both Ford and GM throttle bodies on my MGB EFI project and while
both work ok I like the Ford one because of it's "packaging".  It was easier
to mount, connect air filter ducting to, etc.  The GM one is like an old carb.
with an injector stuck in it.  When selecting one forget about engine
displacement, think about the HP you assume your engine will produce with EFI.
 Find an engine that produces about the same HP and use that throttle body.
As an example, the MGB's engine is 1.8L and I'm using a throttle body off a
2.5L engine.  The Ford 2.5L only produced about 88 HP and the MGB can produce
100+.  I've been able to use the smaller injector by increasing the fuel
pressure from the factory 15.5 PSIG to 20 PSIG.  Not the best solution but it
works.  Good luck..Orin