IGNITION PROJECT

jac at wave.sheridan.wy.us jac at wave.sheridan.wy.us
Mon Oct 14 23:26:12 GMT 1996

In my system the rate of change in advance is limited by the
response of the MAP sensor and one A/D conversion cycle.  The system
clculates the advance for the ignition B just after loading the
timer for ignition A. It is always 1/2 revolution behind the
measured pressure.  This is pretty fast.  I expect that most systems
would react as rapidly.  I doubt that the MAP has a time constant
this short, no matter how fast the throttle is opened.

Consider an additional input indicating WOT + Nitro and program an
exact advance if the input is present.

As a rev limiter it is effective to drop out all of the advance, but
because my units go into airplanes, there is never a possibility of
"clutch in - no load" situation.  Can you cut out the Nitro and
advance and run rich with just air to limit revs?

john carroll
 jac at wave.sheridan.wy.us