Bosch Stuff

DRM dmiller at totcon.com
Sun Oct 20 02:53:20 GMT 1996

Does anyone know of a way to adapt either a Hotwire Air flow meter or use
a MAP sensor in leiu of any AFM on a L-Jetronic or Motronic ECU?  I need
to get more air/fuel in my Alfa Romeo and have both systems available.

I understand that the AFM controls injector duration based on air flow as
measured by the deflection of the flap or cooling of the hotwire.  Simply
installing a larger AFM would probably cause a lean condition, especially
at part throttle.  Is it possible to add or subtract resistance to match
the voltage curve to the increased air flow and what would be the easiest
way to measure this? - o2 sensor? - EGT?

Be gentle, my electronics knowledge is basically ohms law and some vacuum
tube theory.  OK, I'm old!

Dave Miller <dmiller at totcon.com> Deltona, Florida USA