Tach input from spark voltage (BEWARE!!!)

Johnny allnight at everett.net
Mon Oct 21 01:49:07 GMT 1996

I know that's what we were taught in school, but I have never been able to
"scope" anything near that high out of a simple points and coil system with
a cap to ground on each post of the coil. I also don't understand the line
below about the resister and zener bit. He wanted to use an inductive
pickup to sense the ignition on the primary side, not attach to it
directly.