Fuel Delivery and Ignition Question...

MICROYS Robert rmicroys at shl.com
Fri Oct 25 14:34:27 GMT 1996

     I hate to re-iterate, but since the first time I receive no response to
this question, I'll ask it again...

     I own a 1995 Nissan 200SX SE-R.   It has a 2.0L SR20DE engine in it
with an OBD-II ECU.  Nissan in its infinite wisdom has put a speed limiter
in my car which shuts down my engine at an indicated 184km/hr.  The vehicle
has a pulse generating vehicle speed sensor, which first goes to the gauge
cluster and is then passed to the ECU (I haven't gotten the 'scope on the
signal to the ECU yet to find out what it sees)

     What I intend to do is design/create a device which sends a fixed (say
180km/hr) signal to the ECU after I exceed 180km/hr so that I may bypass
this cursed functionality.  I know that the ECU uses the vehicle's speed in
its calculation for these functions and I am wondering what effect passing
an incorrect speed of 180km/hr when I start to drive faster, say at
200+km/hr  My question is:  How does this effect the ignition and fuel
delivery?  Please help!

Rob Microys
rmicroys at shl.com