It Howls with small throttle bodies

Doug Robson doug at cia.com.au
Wed Oct 30 02:35:38 GMT 1996

For any who are curious,
I wrote a while back about my injection system costing me horsepower
the engine is an Isuzu, 8 valve 2 litre DOHC engine producing 190-200
bhp on 48 mm Webers with 42mm chokes and 4-2-1-exhaust and 11.2 to 1
compression.
I installed an Autronic SMC computer and individual 50 mm throttle
bodies. Result 160-170 bhp  :(     ( sad face ).
I have recently had a set of 45 mmm bodies made with same diameter at
ram intake end but 45 at butterfly. result 205 bhp and more torque.
Drove it on track on Sunday and it howls. Im amazed at the difference of
5mm makes. all other parts of the engine are unchanged since previous
set ( except bearings).

--
|			When I die, 				|