Manifold conversions.

Chris Morriss crsm at oroboros.demon.co.uk
Sun Sep 1 16:33:07 GMT 1996

In message <960901030622_398753231 at emout14.mail.aol.com>,
DJohn77284 at aol.com writes
>Chris,
>
>One of my long term projects is also Renault V6 based although it's the
>lesser known R30.
>
>This has the K-Jetronic as well. My intension is to replace the mechanical
>injection with electronics injection along with going to distributorless
>ignition.
>
>Have you any details that you could share with me? Do you have anything on
>tuning this engine? I haven't seen much available. I'd appreciate any
>thoughts or comments.
>
>TIA, Regards,
>
>Dave
>DJohn77824 at aol.com

If it's the Renault 30 version of the engine you'll have problems with
the ignition.  The non-turbo versions of the engine have the crank con-
rod journals shared.  This means that the firing intervals are irregular
'cause its a 90 degree V6 block.  The 2.5 litre turbo version and all of
the modern 2975cc versions including the 24 valve have the offset
crankshaft giving regular sparks.  On these versions you could use three
double-ended coils, but the older version would require six separate
coils and a more complicated ignition timing unit.

I guess that you must be in the US (being AOL.com).  Drop me a private
Email with your address and I'll post you some info on tuning this
engine.  Not got much though.  My Alpine GTA is in a higher state of
tune than the R30 or R25 engines to start with.  There a couple of UK
addresses I could give you that work with this engine.  I also have a
few French addresses if your French is adequate.  (mine isn't)

Bye,
--
Chris Morriss