DIY_EFI Digest V1 #255

Garfield garfield at pilgrimhouse.com
Sun Sep 1 20:39:50 GMT 1996

On Sun, 1 Sep 1996 12:20:47 -0700 (PDT), talltom <talltom at teleport.com>
wrote:

>........from my expierience the
>mechanical system is MUCH easier to work with, and reprogram, not to mention
>cheaper. Personally if hardware were available that could handle the quantity
>of air and fuel that I need, that's what I'd have. While the electronic systems
>have some advantages, cost, and tuneability aren't one of them.

I know this is an "E"FI list, but since my interest stems from
aviation/reliability, I'd like to know all I can about the mechanical FI
systems also. Is it still used widely in automotive. Are pieces
available to build a system commercially? Sources (besides car parts
depts, of course)? Finally, is the assumption that the mechanical
systems are more reliable, a "reliable" assumption? Neophyte questions
from a neophyte.

Garfield