FORTH

David Redpath 101513.357 at CompuServe.COM
Tue Sep 3 15:32:57 GMT 1996

I've seen a few postings recently about FORTH, I've done a fair bit
of programming in FORTH, so as my first contribution here goes :-

The microcontroller we used was an Hitachi H8, the original
development board was from a company called
Triangle Digital Services, they are in the UK and
have a distributor in America I believe. Their development
system came with lots of developed code, everthing from a
multi-tasking kernel, Fast Fourier Transformation code,
A-D software, multiple LCD screens, PWM outputs etc.

It was very well supported, and might could well be a good basis
for a EFI controller. ( I guess ).

Also a book I bought called 'Forth - the new model'
came with a disk with a FORTH compiler/interpreter on it.
which run on a PC. So for learning Forth that might be a good
starting point.
( I could found out the ISBN if required. )

Hope some of that is of some relevance.