d disease

RD Rick rickydik at ix.netcom.com
Tue Sep 3 22:13:38 GMT 1996

I wrote:
>>The Djet and Ljet EFI in the aircooled opposed VW and Porsche 914
>>engines sprays directly at the intake valve from three inches away.
>>With the Djet, the fuel is squirted in at the beginning of the intake
>>stroke two of the cyls, and at the beginning of the power stroke on
the >>other two cyls, so its operation is compromised...

>If it's any help Mercedes applications I believe inject just before or
slightly >after intake valve opening.
>  Here I'm really going to screw myself, but here goes. It would seem
to me that >one could use a mercedes brain on a four cylinder and set
the points up so that>the sequence you want is accomplished.
>   All I ask for the idea is enough of the mercedes brains to keep me
supplied>before you guys grab them all up.:-)

Hey. super idea!  Will the Merc dist. fit in the VW hole?
I promise you the second V8 ECU I find.

>Just for those who aren't thoroughly neaseated yet, maybe I should
mention>the fact that we haven't checked into DIGIFANT yet! :->

What's Digifant?

RD