Ancient History

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Thu Sep 5 10:15:32 GMT 1996

-> If you run the injectors beyond 80% dwell, they become erratic and
-> the flow rates go to hell.  Stay below 80% and you'll make your
-> engine much happier.

 I've hung injectors open for ten minutes at a time on the test bench
without any trouble.

->  Also, if you're running above 80%, you can burn
-> your driver circuitry out prematurely.

 I've played with a Galant VR-4 with the DSM test unit.  On the
road at WOT it will run the injectors to 98%.  I've observed 95% on a
'90 Corvette with Diacom.  Both of these cars survive extended periods
at WOT at track events, and have for years.

====dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us========================DoD#978=======
  can you help me...help me get out of this place?...slow sedation...
ain't my style, ain't my pace...giving me a number...NINE, SEVEN, EIGHT
==5.0 RX7 -> Tyrannosaurus RX! == SAE '82 == Denizens of Doom M/C '92==