Manifold/throttle bodys-ED:-)

RABBITT_Andrew at mv8.orbeng.com.au RABBITT_Andrew at mv8.orbeng.com.au
Fri Sep 6 03:44:52 GMT 1996

>In a message dated 96-09-04 16:06:27 EDT, wright at uspto.gov (Dirk
>Wright)
>writes:
>
>>I remember my old alfa with the spica mechanical injection had one
>>throttle per cylinder. pretty cool.
>
>So does the Lotus Turbo Esprit, but with elctronic fuel injection....

So do all EFI Alfa 33/145/146 boxer engines.

Does anyone know what would happen if you joined all the chokes
together on the down-stream side of each throttle, kind of like
forming a mini-plenum for improving balance robustness at low throttle
openings, but still allowing the correct runner design and plenum
volume up-stream of the blades for WOT performance?

Anyone tried this?  Any theories?