New follower...

GEGnTx at aol.com GEGnTx at aol.com
Sat Sep 7 05:24:37 GMT 1996

 Hello, I am building a rather unusual street rod. The parts are coming
together nicely so far and it looks like EFI is in my future !! I have looked
for the information needed to do the EFI conversion on a 1968 Ford 460 CID
and through this newsgroup I will be closer to getting off the information
highway and onto I-35 in my dream machine.
  (I'm really excited about this, so please pardon the background
babbling...)
  The car is a 1979 Mazda RX-7 <liter> with a full 2x3 rectangular tube
chassis, it has a Mustang II front suspension with 15" Granada rotors GM
Calipers and the ECI adapters
that make this mix work. The rear end is a narrowed (28" flange to flange)
Ford 9" rear
with 4-link, coil-overs and  2.75 posi gears to bring in streetable RPM from
the C-6 Ford tranny.  I picked up a neat program (striptune) from surfing the
alt.autos.rod-n-custom newsgroup that helped me justify these choices. (It
should run in the low 9's 1/4 mi)
  The ultimate goal is to have a 1-off streetable big block / small car combo
that I can build myself right here at home. I want EFI and turbos also to
make my hobby car technically balanced and to put some distance between my
car and anything that is considered a "performance" automobile.
  With this out of the way, I am looking for tips on the EEC-IV Ford computer
or anything better suited for large displacement and adaptable for turbo use
later. I am starting from the ground up, and right now only have engine
hardware (early 460 motor and 1988 EFI manifold/injectors). I have some
experience in "C" coding and a good understanding of digital electronics and
am ready to learn the controllers, drivers,  maps and the rest from you
guys...
 Gary Graham    Round Rock, Tx.