Injector Flow Variation

MaxBoost at aol.com MaxBoost at aol.com
Sun Sep 8 04:34:03 GMT 1996

>What an injector's flow rating is and what it actually flows can vary
>quite a bit.  When we ultrasonicly clean them it does not always bring
>them back in line.  How much of this is manufacturing variation?  After
>seeing the variation in injectors I can'nt imagine using an untested set
>in a performance application - certainly not a used set.  I would like to
>hear others experience.  greg at atlantic-motorsports.com

Thats why so many injector service/sales company's have sprung up in the past
few years.  In showroom stock racing it has been the rage to flow the
injectors and then install the rich ones on the cylinders that run lean etc.
 At Cosworth they flow each injector on the bench before running them.  This
allows them to make sets and to seriel numbereach one to track their life.

Nissan rates their injectors in sets, they are 0-5% > spec or 0-5% < spec.
 When you replace one it has to match the rest of the set and there are
usually 2 or 3 part numbers for one flow rate.

Max.