Water Injection for power?

Arnaldo Echevarria aec at ao.net
Tue Sep 10 23:24:59 GMT 1996

>I Remember two relevant curves - holding fuel constant, power went up
>linearly with water on a percent by percent basis.  100% fuel 10% water,
>+ 10% power etc. until a practical limit of about 50% was reached.
>
>Holding power constant, each percent of water displaced a percent of
>fuel until about a 50 50 ratio was reached.

So if I went out to my car and fed my 455ci engine a 50/50 mix of water/
fuel I'd get the same power?  I have a hard time believing this at full
throttle - plus I cant afford that much water :(, but will it work for part
throttle, ie cruising, speeds?
I think I can get around the mineral buildups with a weekly trip to the track
w/ high octane gas.....

>WTF does it work?  70% plus of chemical energy released by combustion
>leaves the engine as excess heat.  Absorb any of that EXCESS heat and
>turn water to steam and you gain either power or fuel economy or both.

But won't the added water particles reduce the ability to create a complete
combustion?

>PS   Ever wonder what is really going on during combustion.  Check the
>pressure temp curves of the three major gasses present after combustion.
>CO2, N2 and H2O.  Check out how much partial pressure each contributes
>to the mix.  Then remember, that as a rough approximate, one gallon of
>gasoline makes 2 gallons of water in the exhaust.

That much water comes out of my tailpipe?

Arnaldo