Re; Ancient History

Matthew Lamari mlamari at origin.ea.com
Wed Sep 11 02:13:55 GMT 1996

At 09:05 AM 9/11/96 est, you wrote:
>>I believe the point that is trying to be made is that if HP = Torque
>>only at 5252 (which is agreed).  Then this is the only place where
>>they CAN both be a maximum.  Not that they are a maximum.  But that
>>this is the only point where they can both be a maximum at the same
>>time.
>
>OK, now try the calculation in kW and N.m and see if you come to the
>same conclusion!

That's where the lines cross for those units; but hp does not equal torque
as their units are different.  You could say two powers are equal, or two
torques are equal, or two areas. . . .

Yeah, I was having a strange time believing that 5252 was some sort of
universal constant, when everyone knows the answer to life, the universe and
everything is 42!!

Matthew "References to Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy are purely
irrational" Lamari