DIY_EFI Digest V1 #269

talltom talltom at teleport.com
Wed Sep 11 10:57:45 GMT 1996

>------------------------------
>
>From: Chuck Tomlinson <tomlinsc at ix.netcom.com>
>Date: Wed, 11 Sep 1996 01:25:43 -0400
>Subject: Re: Ancient History
>
>>I believe the point that is trying to be made is that if HP = Torque
>>only at 5252 (which is agreed).
>
>True.  If power is measured in hp and torque in lb-ft, then the
>torque and power curves must cross at 5252 rpm.  No exceptions.

Oh I don't know about that! If you go down to the local hot rod shop often
you'll find some product there with dyno charts for their product that show
that torque and hp aren't the same at 5252.!
   These guys should use just a little more sense when they draw there
performance
curves, but I always appreciate the clue!