O2 Sensor-Leaded gas

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Thu Sep 12 01:23:09 GMT 1996

> There was a thread a few months ago that covered this topic pretty well.
> I would have sworn that someone had mentioned knowledge of  a sensor
> out there that was supposed to be able to deal with lead. I have searched
> through all my old archives and can't find that old thread. Does anyone
> else remember this or am I just losing it?
>
> Darrell??? do you remember this thread?
>
> -j-

All sensors are affected by lead but the Bosch LSM-11 sensor used in
the Bosch LA-2 a/f meter is less affected by lead. Sheet shows after
500 hours exposure to 0.5 gm/gal , the sensor shows <0.02 lambda change.
That is not alot of lead, but 500 is lotsa hours. Bosch says they can
be renewed if not too dirty by running in unleaded engine for awhile.
Sensor costs about $160 so cheap 3 wires may be cheaper in long run.

Frank Parker