Altitude Compensation

Mark Pitts saxon at zymurgy.org
Thu Sep 12 07:57:02 GMT 1996

The point is even tho' the density drops, if you compress that air to =
sea level density, there is less oxygen in it, thus you need to lean out =
at altitude.

Sorry to go back to my model airplanes, but for the glider tugs (which =
ran 120cc petrol engines, with electronic ignition) we had to solder an =
arm on the end of the needle so that we could fit a servo and adjust =
mixture in flight, otherwise we lost so much power, we couldnt pull the =
glider any higher. And we are only talking 5000' Like a mile or so up!

At ground level the tugs would climb out at about 45 degrees, with =
anything on the back..

Mark