MAP sensor

Todd Knighton knighton at net-quest.com
Thu Sep 12 16:12:52 GMT 1996

Tom,
	Newark Electronics has the Motorola Sensors.  They're not to be put in
the engine compartment.  They're not ruggedized.  We've been putting
them inside the Motronics unit inside the car and they've worked well.
the MPX4250A is a 2.5 bar absolute sensor, so it's good to about 20psi
and absolute vacuum.  They make a MPX4100A, I think that's the number,
for normally aspirated vehicles, never ordered that one.  These are all
temperature trimmed and compensated sensors so they aren't affected by
different temps like most MAPs are.
	Have just played with GM's and Honda's MAPs and have just guessed at
what's really going on, no data sheets available.

Todd Knighton
Protomotive Engineering