Map Sensors

peter paul fenske pfenske at direct.ca
Fri Sep 13 18:53:31 GMT 1996

HI All

FYI the part number for the GM Map sensor is 2503679 . Stamped near the
connector is the number 460. This was used in GM applications from
1984 to 1992 so should be common in wrecking yards. Uses three conn.
GND, + 5V, and signal. Let me know if you want the pinout.

The part number for the Baro sensor is 1600683, stamped 833. Recognized
by a piece of foam on the pressure port.

Here is cal data for baro.

100 Kpa, 4.9V   90 Kpa, 4.4V    80 Kpa, 3.8V    70 Kpa, 3.3V
60 Kpa, 2.7V    50 Kpa, 2.2V    40 Kpa, 1.7V    30 Kpa, 1.1V
20 Kpa, 0.6V    10 Kpa, 0.3V

Check these carefully, seem to remember they might be for the Map.

It is relatively easy to make a cal chart using a Mytec tester.

GL: peter
I"ll put out more sensor info but its at work right now.