Math Question

Dirk Wright wright at uspto.gov
Sat Sep 14 19:23:39 GMT 1996

On Fri, 13 Sep 1996, Robert J. Harris wrote:

> The point was, is, and always will be to try to combine the sheer power
of > a steam engine with the simplicity of an IC engine.  The use of a >
locomotive > was to illustrate the power available from steam and small
cylinder's not > to > spend my life re-hashing ancient history.

Isn't that part of the advantage of water injection? Add some water to
the combustion process, make some steam, get more cylinder pressures? I
know that water injection in avaition is mostly used during takeoff to
prevent detonation, and thus allow an A/F ratio that produces maximum
power, but an aviator friend of mine said you get some of the added kick
of a steam engine. He also said engines running water injection run
smoother, too, even under partial load conditions.

Dirk Wright 					            wright at uspto.gov
"I speak for myself and not my employer."               1974 Porsche 914 2.0
"A real hifi glows in the dark and has horns."            1965 Goodman House