Help tuning Haltech E6 (fwd)

Jeremy Pronk jpronk at st.nepean.uws.edu.au
Mon Sep 16 09:50:25 GMT 1996

This is a forward originating from Jeremy Pronk <jpronk at st.nepean.uws.edu.au>
who is having some trouble recieving the list at his site. Please send
all responses you might have to his efi question to him directly.

Thanks

-j-

On Sun, 15 Sep 1996, Johnny wrote:

> You are on the list alright. Make sure you are sending your posts to:
> diy_efi at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
>
> To see a roster of list members, send mail to:
> majordomo at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu and put;
> who diy_efi
> in the body of the message. You will see your name on the list.
> If you have further difficulties, send mail to me.

I sent the mail to that correct address twice, but it never came back to
me (and no one complained about multiple posts?).

Maybe you could answer a quick question. I have a 1.5ltr boxer motor
converted to haltech efi. I am using a function called quickmap to make a
approximate fuel map, but it needs two injector values, injector open time
at idle, and injector open time at full power. I put in 1.5ms and 6ms,
does that sound about right?

The engine seems to idle abnormally, and stays and takes about 5-10secs
to come back down to idle again if you give the pedal a pump. I think I
will have to fiddle around with it a little more.

regards,

Jeremy, Sydney AUSTRALIA
'69 510 4dr (for sale!)
'83 AlfaSud Ti (Haltech E6 EFI)