Haltech E6 EFI

David Doddek pantera at pobox.com
Tue Sep 17 23:46:26 GMT 1996

Jeromy wrote:
(clip)

>The haltech software has a function call "QuickMAP" which will generate
>some ruff fuel maps from a few simple inputs. Now I put the standard
>inputs in, but the map created seems to be much to rich. The standard
>inputs are 2.3ms injector time at idle, ~10ms at full power... I think
>these are wrong?

These numbers depend greatly on the injector sizes.  But at these times,
your injectors would have to be almost too small for the engine.  Try 8ms at
full throttle and 1.5 to 1.8 ms at idle.  You will just have to experiment
to get a close value.  Remember the bigger the injector, the smaller the on
time at idle.  Full throttle time depends on the engine hp cabability.

David J. Doddek                                          |pantera at pobox.com
Owner SGD Electronics & Development Engr for Caterpillar |h 309 685-7965
Formula SAE Team Sidewinder 94-95                        |w 309 578-2931
89 T-bird SC,  69 Fairlane w/SGD EFI                     |fx 217 428-4686
74 Pantera w/Electromotive Tec-II Twin turbos and Nitros |
Hey, If you are going to go fast, go REEEAAL FAST.       |