Math Question

hoss karoly timothy at bekes.hungary.net
Wed Sep 18 22:03:56 GMT 1996

John Napoli wrote:

> This issue of thermodynamic efficiency is one of my hot points (ouch).
>
> Fossil fuel plants use every trick in the book to recapture all the
> 'waste' BTUs that they can.  If you neglect the power used to run their
> pollution devices (a parasitic loss), their overall efficiency is pretty
> good - I recall numbers in the mid-40s.
>
> Our gasoline engines in our cars do nothing to utilize the energy in the
> waste heat.  Arre they 10%? 20% efficient overall?  I doubt 20% but lets
> go with that number.
I had the same feeeling before .
in fact I plan to build some peltier-cells on my engine
to charge my battery
who knows ? maybe I can eliminate the generator and save power

BTW does anybody knows how the H-O cells work ? is it possible to build
one
wich work with gasoline and air to produce electricity ?
the heat-cells work at a 70-80% eff. range

bye
charley