DIY_EFI Digest V1 #277

hoss karoly timothy at bekes.hungary.net
Fri Sep 20 11:50:33 GMT 1996

Dirk Wright wrote:

> I would be very careful using water injection on a diesel because the
> extremely high compression ratios could easily lead to hydro lock, thus
> bendin your connecting rods, or worse. Also, I heard somewhere that
> diesels actually *liked* lots of heat, so the cooling effect of water
> injection may be a disadvantage.

yeah I felt that too , but bedford had an invention a few years ago
something with exhaust feedback or like this and they stated it'll
lower the combustion chamber temp lower the noise emission
increase mileage and so on
so I'm a little bit confused
I just changed my thermostat to a warmer one and the difference seems to
be
positive . any ideas are welcome
maybe I could heat the air intake with exhaust-heat ? :)
anyway I posted this to get some opinions from the gurus
maybe somebody already tried it blown an engine and can tell me to
limit the water quantity under 1% of the air taken by the engine
bye
charley