Tom Cloud's self tuning EFI Idea

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Mon Sep 23 12:53:46 GMT 1996

        [ snip ]

>I've head that O2 sensors can take up to 1sec to responsd... can someone
>comment on this? (seems to be the slowest sensor...)
>

>                Thor Johnson

Thor, I'm fixin' to sound like I know what I'm talking about -- I don't.
That said:  The EGO is supposed to be fast enough to respond to each
pulse from each cylinder -- hence FOMOCO's SFI.  My old town car
had SFI and used an EGO in each exhaust manifold.  According to the
Ford book on emissions devices (don't know the name -- get it
at the part$ house), it samples the mixture from each cylinder
and adjusts same to achieve optimum fuel distribution.

Tom