Bosch L-jetronic problems

Tim Willis tcw at now.inia.net.au
Fri Sep 27 09:25:19 GMT 1996

Hi all,

I am in need of info on when and how the cold start injector works on the
Bosch L-jetronic, as used in my Rover 3500 SD1.  I have just completed an
engine rebuild and there is a fairly bad miss while the engine is cold, it
is there through the rev range.  Does the cold start only work once while
the starter is activated or does it continue to pulse until temperature
rises to a certain point.

There is what appears to be some sort of air bypass, aluminium about 2
inches by 4 inches, and two 1/2 inch ID hoses (can't remember shere they
connect), what is it and how does it operate.

I am an electrical/computer engineer so the more technical the better.

I am trying to sort this out this weekend so if anyone can help quickly
it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for any help.

Regards

Tim Willis