Combustion chamber heat

Dirk Wright wright at uspto.gov
Fri Sep 27 12:42:54 GMT 1996

On Thu, 26 Sep 1996, Shaun Brady wrote:

> I use thermally reflective coatings in my motorcycle racing engine, but
> didn't have a good baseline prior to applying them and don't have hard
> numbers on the improvement.

Is your motorcycle engine air cooled? If so, did you run into problems
with the larger expansion/contraction of air cooled's parts?

Vizard feels that they are worth a 5-10% power
> improvement.  The coatings are relatively cheap(about $15 per surface) when
> compared to what must be spent for similar improvements.

Can you give more details of exactly what brand and type of coatings you
used? Were they Jet Hot, or ceramic, or what?

Thanks for your description of your actual experiences with coatings. I'm
interested in applying them to my 914 someday, so I'm willing to learn of
other's experiences.

Dirk Wright 					            wright at uspto.gov
"I speak for myself and not my employer."               1974 Porsche 914 2.0
"A real hifi glows in the dark and has horns."            1965 Goodman House