Bosch L-jetronic problems

Ron Madurski rmadursk at galaxy.galstar.com
Fri Sep 27 16:46:06 GMT 1996

:
:Hi all,
:
:I am in need of info on when and how the cold start injector works on the
:Bosch L-jetronic, as used in my Rover 3500 SD1.  I have just completed an
:engine rebuild and there is a fairly bad miss while the engine is cold, it
:is there through the rev range.  Does the cold start only work once while
:the starter is activated or does it continue to pulse until temperature
:rises to a certain point.

I think that once the car starts it is off.

:
:There is what appears to be some sort of air bypass, aluminium about 2
:inches by 4 inches, and two 1/2 inch ID hoses (can't remember shere they
:connect), what is it and how does it operate.

I think it controls the amount of air allowed when the throttle plate is
closed.

Check to make sure that your injectors are all firing.  I had this
problem on my old Volvo 240 (LH-Jetronic).  When it was cold the
injectors fired very erratically and it ran like crap until it warmed
up.  It took a new brain to make it work properly.  Apparently 2 of the
connectors which look identical and connect identically had been swapped
which is an instant brain fry.  So if the brain is dead make SURE that
the wires are in the right locations.

:
:I am an electrical/computer engineer so the more technical the better.

I'm not so you get what you pay for...

:
:I am trying to sort this out this weekend so if anyone can help quickly
:it would be greatly appreciated.

You can get those brains used from several places, don't buy a new one.

:
:Thanks for any help.
:
: