EEC IV reprogramming *** [THE LIST] ***

tom cloud cloud at hagar.ph.utexas.edu
Fri Sep 27 20:06:22 GMT 1996

Man, did I stir sumpin up or what?  Lots of people seem to be interested.

Here is my current list of who I've found that are specifically interested
in EEC-IV (or has offered an opinion).  None of these has said they want out.
I don't know which of these is getting duplicate postings because they are
on diy_efi or FordNatics -- or both.

I would like to think that all of you would subscribe to diy_efi??  I
don't want to start a new list -- don't know how, don't wanna know how.
I just wanna be able to fiddle with my Fords !! (Just like the rest of
you.)

I teach a class where students have to build a project (including
a simple PCB).  I can always tell who has experience -- the guy that
wants to lay out a PCB or design a circuit doesn't have any.  If he did,
he'd know how time intensive it is and that a 3-1/2 month semester
is too short (some folks do pull it off, though -- takes real intestinal
fortitude).  Well, I'd like to know all about the EEC.  I know that if
I had all the tools: code, assembler, C++ compiler, debugger, logic
analyzer, 'scope, EPROM burner, computer, tools, and money (and I have
all of those -- except for the code, assembler, debugger and money),
I still wouldn't have the time.  Seems like Mike's doo-dad is the best
deal for the money -- if we could only get one.  Isn't a real problem
for me, though, since I'm not really quite ready for it just yet anyway.

Josh <bozak at newworld.bridge.net>
Alex Cazin <acazin at interlog.com>
Derek Deeter <derek_deeter at MENTORG.COM>
Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>
Dave Compton <dcompton at jnpcs.com>
Jim Dibble <dibble at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>
Pat <pdonleycott at vnet.ibm.com>