Combustion chamber heat

Todd Knighton knighton at net-quest.com
Mon Sep 30 22:56:33 GMT 1996

Robert Harris wrote:

> I picture something like a quartz window screwed in where the plug
> now goes, a large, flexible fiber optic light pipe going from the plug
> to the laser and a high speed high power laser for each cylinder being
> fired by control electronics.  I'd pick its light frequency to be
> harmonically
> related to either the hydrogen or carbon atoms resonance to get
> maximum energy transfer.  What would be nicer would be to steal some
> star wars weapons stuff.  Don't matter what the source or type of energy
> beam - heck I'd even use a phasor beam (if it was remotely connected to
> reality) - just as long as I could fire the whole chamber almost
> simultaneously.

	I think I remember the addage "I don't do windows", and if I won't, who
can I send in to wash my "Quartz Window" off all the time.

Todd Knighton
Protomotive Engineering

P.S.	Otherwise, cool idea, but why not just play with the compression a
bit more, inject the flammable stuff at the right time and boom.  No
spark needed, oh sorry, that's a diesel.