Volkswagen Digifant Injection

Tom Cloud cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu
Wed Apr 2 00:28:12 GMT 1997

>The G60 uses MAP.  The idle and FT limits are wired in parallel, RPM is
used to determine witch limit is actuated.  Knock sensing and OXS are used.
The pot with the temp sensor is used for what VW calls CO adjustment, not
sure exactly how it all works.  The ISV (idle stabilizer valve) is used for
boost limiting.  Popular mods put a pressure switch in series with the ISV
to increase the limit or reroute the pluming for no limit.  Putting a
pressure switch in series also prohibits the ISV from stabilizing the idle.
This can be a problem in cold climates, OK for summer use.  Rerouting the
plumbing allows normal operation at idle and is not a problem at WOT
because, unlike a turbo,  the boost is primarily limited by the RPM of the
G-60 SC.

>Running without boost does not require chip changes.  I ran my G-60 for a
week without boost.  I made some "changes" and blew up some pluming between
the G-60 and intercooler.  You will loose about 100hp because of the low
compression.  Very slow, but runs fine.  Why do you want to do this??

>I have disassembled code in the digifant ECU.  Tables have been identified,
but I have not had time to comment any of the code. I can email this to you
if you are interested (185K).  The CPU is a motorola 68HC11.  Completely
different design than the Golf/Jetta digifant (8051 ???).

please send me your HC-11 code.

Thanks,

Tom Cloud <cloud at peaches.ph.utexas.edu>