MPI and sequential injection

john spears speartec at iquest.net
Wed Apr 2 03:35:18 GMT 1997

George,

The 3.8L to 3.0L conversion should be fairly easy; however they DON'T use
the same ECM. The 3.8L SFI engine uses the 1227148, and the 3.0L MFI uses
the 1227153 ECM. The main difference between these ECM's is PROBABLY the
fact that the 148 has six injector drivers, while the 153 will have only
two. My guess is that you will need the 1227153 ECM to make it come out
right. Let us know how it works out.

                John Spears
 Speartech Fuel Injection Systems