Swirl Pots/Fuel Tanks

Keith M. Wheeler keithw at ARMAnet.com
Wed Apr 2 20:31:04 GMT 1997

I'm working on an MGB to rover V-8 conversion, and the engine
I've lucked into is a 3.9 litre fuel injected Range Rover
powerplant.  I've got a "how to" book on V-8 MGB's, and the
fuel injection section discusses the need for a modified
fuel tank with a "swirl pot".  What options do I have for
fuel tanks?  What sort of return system is necessary?  If
I have to spend the money to buy a new MGB tank and have it
modified, I think I'd rather put a spin-molded type fuel cell
in the car.

I'm not on the diy_efi list (at least not now).  This rover
engine will be my first experience with fuel injection.

Thanks,

-Keith Wheeler

keith at ARMAnet.com