DIY_EFI Digest V2 #111

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Mon Apr 7 03:28:23 GMT 1997

> Power supply?? Call me a simple idiot, but when I got my laptop I made sure

>  to get one that the power supply for running the thing off batterypower
>  power was (tada) 12V!!! Any good reasons why I can't hook the laptop
>  to the vehicle system and go?? Why not??

Generally, your logic in your purchase makes perfect sense.  However there
are issues with analog monitoring equipment combined with automotive
electronics that sometimes interfere with the readings, typically caused by
ground loops, similar to why larger automotive audio amplifiers are sometimes
sensitive to vehicle electrical noise.

Fred