MAF

Scot Sealander Sealand at clarityconnect.com
Mon Apr 7 22:05:12 GMT 1997

Dave Williams wrote:

> I was planning to just sample the MAF whenever I had a loop free, but
> after seeing how sensitive and fast it responds to tiny changes in
> airflow I'm curious.

Why not sample it based on crank events?  If you get a reference pulse
from the distributer, go sample the MAF.  That should be a little more
consistant that sampling whenever....

> I'm pretty sure it'll react strongly to each
> intake valve event even at steady RPM.  So, do I need to average the
> MAF readings over time, or is it not that important?

You may have to look and see (in real time) what is coming out of the
MAF. It's response may not be what you expect, then again, may it is....

Scot Sealander    Sealand at clarityconnect.com