K-jetronic know how

Seth Allen n9540517 at henson.cc.wwu.edu
Tue Apr 8 02:29:20 GMT 1997

On Mon, 7 Apr 1997, K PILLAY : STUDENT wrote:

> Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 09:28:15 +0200 (SAST)
> From: K PILLAY : STUDENT <PILLAYK7 at eng.und.ac.za>
> To: DIY_EFI at coulomb.eng.ohio-state.edu
> Subject: K-jetronic know how
>
> Hi.
>
> Does anybody out there know how to remove the limiter from the
> computer that comes standard with the 1800 16v VW motor.
>
> Thankx
>
> Kevin.

There is a way, but it eliminatesone or two other handy features like
warm up enrichment, and fuel pump cut off when involved in an accident.
I am considering these options for a turbo 8v 1800 gti.  If you wnat them
in detail, and I haven't discouraged yo already, then e-mail me and I
will tell you how.  I have to look it up, I can't remember the specifics.

Seth