Alternator drain

dzorde dzorde at geocities.com
Tue Apr 8 13:00:56 GMT 1997

Right on the mark.  You will also find that most alternators (60's upwards)
will be self exciting above 1400rpm (roughly) if the alternator light is not
there (ie. the globe is blown).  Fred (I think you were the one with the
twin setup in your truck), it is a generator you have (I'm pretty sure I've
seen similar on old Mazdas and Nissans), although mabye it should be thought
of as a dynamo instead.

Dan     dzorde at geocities.com