Power Supplys Attempt (2)

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Tue Apr 8 16:24:51 GMT 1997

> Depending on what you want to run with the PC, you'll only need 5V.  The
>  other voltages are for the floppy and hard drive.  But if you were to use
>  flash drive instead of a floppy and hard drive you could get away with
only
>  a 5V supply.

Don't need a floppy, do need a HD <G>, but I need the negative voltages for
the A/D card I have, unfortunately.  I tried removing the negative leads to
the power supply, creating a "good power" signal, and the pc worked fine with
only the +5 +12 volt lines, however the A/D card, when inserted, wasn't even
remotely stable, even when measuring 0 to +12V only signals, such as in a
card.

>  By the way there was a big discussion on this subject a few months back,
>  check the archives and you should find lots of useful info.

Will do Dan, probably better than filling up an EFI mailing list with PC
power supply issues :)

Thansk!

Fred