Power Supplys Attempt (2)

Webb rwebb at polarnet.com
Tue Apr 8 17:57:50 GMT 1997

The max232 IC, a simple rs232 interface chip, has negative voltage
outputs. This is used on an embedded controller board I use to satisfy
the need for negative voltage (low current) by the A/D.

You'd be well served, I think, to stick to a heavily filtered, isolated,
and regulated +5V then derive the other voltages with DC to DC. The evil
electrical environment in an auto is not to be underestimated.

RTW