CO Emissions

Sandy sganz at wgn.net
Wed Apr 9 05:35:43 GMT 1997

At 10:16 PM 4/8/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Some constructive advice would be apprieciated ... Let me first of all tell
>you what I have & what I have to work with.
>I've got a 21' open bow runnabout that has a 260hp  GM/chevy 350 with a
>rochester quadrajet marine carberater & mechanical fuel pump.  An alledged
>friend rebuilt the carb & had alot of pieces left over.. basicly the
>dashpot linkage & another linkage ..

These are needed for the proper gradual openning of the secondary flaps,
without the rod the secondary flaps will open way too fast. Their is also a
spring adjustment to change the tension on the secondary flaps. Don't screw
with it unless you have a bunch of time to get it working once you screw it
up. May not be that much of a problem on a boat, but on a car, it amounts
to a hellatious bog. The qjet is a great carb, but it is not as easy to get
working unless you know how it works. Most people don't. Their is a great
book on it from HP BOOKS, I think. Another alternative is to get a spread
bore 800cfm holley. I have used them, and they work pretty well. Not marine
approved, but hey, that't what fire extinguishers are for ;-).

Sandy