control algorithm for MAF setup

Dave Williams dave.williams at chaos.lrk.ar.us
Thu Apr 10 12:34:03 GMT 1997

-> Remember with the MAF sensor it will measure airflow in both
-> directions and in the FORD strategy there is a lot of compensation
-> for backflow and pulsation at low engine speeds.

 So will most MAFs.  So far I like the idea of sampling the MAF at a
particular crank position.  That would tend to even things out quite a
bit.

 If backflow becomes too much of a hassle, I'm likely to just go down to
the motorcycle shop and get a bunch of two stroke reed blocks.

 Steve Ciarcia once said his favorite programming language was "solder."
I think he had the right general idea... <grin>