Some ALDL questions

FJB203 at aol.com FJB203 at aol.com
Thu Apr 10 20:18:04 GMT 1997

> Thanks for the diagram.  I was just sent another diagram also.  Yours
>  has  1uf capacitors on the diagram.  The other diagram I have came from
>  Vance.  Hopefully I will have this built in the next couple of weeks and
>  some software to get the raw data a few weeks after that.  BTW - Do you
>  know of any other web sights that have more information.  Also do you
>  have any software that you have developed or used that I could try.

Here are four URL's Mike, right from my "Favorites" in my MSIE browser.  One
of them, not sure which one, is almost an exact duplicate of the ALDL info
codes I posted on my website, as I leached it from there <G>.  Hope they help
you out.

     http://iceonline.com/home/markp/chevrole/chevrole.htm
     http://ni.umd.edu/gnttype/www/malf.html
     http://science.smsu.edu/~lin/ecm-codes.html
     http://www.itech.cup.edu/~wblick/plug.html#over

My experience with ALDL has been more from a learning point of view...
haven't actually gotten any code.  I made the interface as depicted on my
website, and tested it in an isolated fashion, and it seems okay.  Attached
it to my PC, but haven't gotten any codes from the GM 3.8L engine in the
garage, since I don't have a terminal software package that goes down to 160
baud.  What I planned on doing towards the end of the summer once I have a
basic frame under construction, was to try and write a simple terminal
program in C to read the serial port.  If this doesn't work, I have a neat
U-ART sitting in my basement (finding it is going to be a pleasure!) that can
adapt to almost any baud depending on the clock I drive it with.  Something
like 160 baud should be incredibly easy to emulate.

Fred