DIY_EFI Digest V2 #116

Matthew Beaubien mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Fri Apr 11 17:33:44 GMT 1997

Thor,

>   Nope, just a normally (well, through a 20mm restrictor) aspiriated
> engine.  I switched to M85 so that I could use some Toyota fuel injectors
> that were donated (20lb/hr).

Formula SAE I presume? Choosing M85 on the basis of cheap injectors
probably isn't the best reasoning. Methanol is very corrosive and will eat
most injectors, as well as lines, pumps, etc. So, what you may save in
injector costs will be eaten up by other costs, plus the fact that you'll
have to replace your injectors after not too long.

Matt Beaubien
mbeaubie at gpu.srv.ualberta.ca