Magnetic Flux effect on fuel charge

sdelanty at sonoma.net sdelanty at sonoma.net
Fri Apr 11 17:47:14 GMT 1997

>Ok Guys and girls
>another of my shocker questions
>My friend, a fellow racer has heard of energizing fuel and ir particles
>to increase the combination of them
>his idea is to wind a flux inducing coil around his intake trumpets to
>ionize the incoming air
>
>Am i on drugs, or is he????
>
>as always i would appreciate ANY!!!!! views from my learned colleagues
>here at diy_efi.

Variations on this idea seem to come around every few Years.
About 20 years ago my dad bought some rather expensive, fancy magnets that
were designed to fit on the fuel line, just ahead of the carb.
They came with lots of hype about improved performance, better miileage,
reduced emissions, paint job lasts longer, dog never gets fleas, etc.
The only performance improvement on his '71 302 bronco was from his
lightened wallet. I got some real cool, very strong magnets for free when He
finally took them off...

I think it would take *considerable* energy to ionize the volume of air that
a motor uses, and that energy has to come from somewhere... Your motor via
the alternator. I don't think the few hundred watts available from an auto
alt is gonna be near enough to ionize much air.
Continuosly ionizing a few hundred CFM of air sounds like a big task.
Nicola Tesla would have loved it...

Ionizing stuff involves adding or subtracting electrons, and air can be
ionized by passing high voltages through it, but I don't know if it can be
done with magnetic fields...  If so, it must take a bundle o'power.
I don't think the air cares whether Your air horns are magnetized or not.

 Anyone out there know these things?  I'd be curious, especially if anyone knows
the math to calculate energy requirements to ionize, say 500cfm of air.

 Also, I have no idea if ionizing the air and/or fuel has any effect on
cumbustion.?

Somehow I think that if there was anything real to be gained from these
schemes that the big 3 would have exploited it long ago.

Just my $.02

Oh yeah, I heard that if You wind a coil around the top of the drivers skull
and energize it with high power microwaves, that it gives the impression of
high speed while standing still...  Anyone?   (-;

Happy motoring,

 Steve Delanty (sdelanty at sonoma.net)